Saturday, October 1, 2011

My Grocery Shopping Trip this Week! Total: $54.24

This week, I went to three different stores to get my groceries for the week. I don’t always go to multiple stores, and sometimes I will go to Walmart to price match and sometimes I will just go to the produce market. It just depends. I let my needs and the sales dictate what I will do that week. 

My total for all three stores combined was $54.24 after tax, and this along with my existing inventory at home will take my family through more than a week’s worth of meals!

Here is the breakdown of how I did it:

Rouses
 $17.42

La Morenita
$6.84

Albertsons
$29.98
Total for all groceries: $54.24


Here are the groceries from all three stores. Total: $54.24



Here is what I bought at each store....

Rouses
Rouses: $17.42

(2) Bolthouse Carrot Chips $2 each
(1) Ricotta Cheese $1.99
(4) Salad blends $1 each=$4
(2.57 lbs) bananas .62/lb=$1.59
(1) Container of half & half (8 oz) $1
(1) package of Mushrooms $1.50
(1) Jennie-O turkey franks $1
(1) Celery $1
(1) Sophia Almond Windmill Cookies $1
(2) Dole Frozen Juices $1 each=$2

Total with tax: $17.42


La Morenita
La Morenita: $6.84

(2) bunches of Cilantro .39 each=.78
(4) pears 4/$1=$1
(1) Stars pasta .39
(2) Cucumbers .50 each=$1
(4) Avocados .50 each=$2
(4) limes .07 each=.28
(3.07 lbs) bananas .33/lb=$1.01

Total with tax: $6.84

Note: I shopped at Rouses before I went to La Morenita. I didn't realize that the bananas were only .33/lb at La Morenita, so I bought some at Rouses for a higher price per pound, and I bought more at La Morenita, but I will peel and freeze the surplus bananas to make banana "ice cream".


Albertsons
Albertsons: $29.98
(2) packages of ground beef (reduced) (1.74 lbs total) ($1.36 + $1.24)=$2.60
(1) package of Stew beef (.90 lb) ($2.69)
(8) lbs of Shrimp= $24.10

Total with tax=$29.98

Note: I will buy reduced meat from time to time. I inspect it closely and it has always been just fine. My policy is to either cook it the day I purchase it or put it in the freezer right away.


I am very happy with my grocery shopping trip this week. Lots of meat and seafood, fresh produce and very little processed food! I didn’t even need to use one coupon and my total for the week was $54.24 after tax. I realize I went a little over $50, but I guess I was a little excited to stock up on shrimp because it was $2.99 a pound.

I will use most of what I bought on this trip plus some of what I have in my existing inventory for all of our meals and snacks this week. I will definitely have shrimp left over after this week though!

Now, to create my menu plan….

No comments:

Post a Comment