Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Week

Wow! What a week! Can you believe that it is finally over? I cannot believe all of the Christmas gifts that we gave and received! My house is chock full of everything including toys. I cannot wait to start purging all of the stuff that we don't need anymore. I plan on giving some stuff to the faith house. In January they always ask for linens, from blankets and sheets to towels, so that will be a good place to start. Other than that I will be bringing all of the kids old toys and clothes to Baby Basics and pretty much everything else to Goodwill. I just started using Baby Basics and I really like it. It is not consignment, they pay you up front for the things that they want. I find that she pays really well.

I am so excited about my Christmas gifts. My mom gave me a refrigerator! Yes, a stainless steal double door refrigerator! I love it. And the best part is that she got it on Black Friday for 50% off. I taught her well! I also got a bread maker from my husband, which is something I have always wanted. I find that bread is very expensive in the stores, so he got it for me. I made my first loaf of wheat bread today and it probably cost me less than $1. And, it was so good! I can make almost anything with it, including jam! I love it. He also gave me a mixer, and oh, did I mention he also got everything on Black Friday? He was able to get me so much cool stuff that I have been wanting forever. He even got me a laptop backpack which was perfect because I am always on the go with my computer. Anyway, Christmas was awesome!

The baby did get sick however. He contracted RSV, so we had to cut our visiting short and come home to the emergency room with 105 fever. Yep, that will cost me a pretty penny. It's funny because I was trying to call around on the way back from Mississippi to find out which hospital would be cheaper! I know, it's ingrained in me. We finally ended up at LGMC. I hope it was worth it! I will know when I get the bill! Ha Ha.

When I came back I did try to hit some of the after Christmas sales, but there was nothing really exciting left over. I had waited too long. I wish that I had shopped when I was in New Orleans or Mississippi because there were still plenty of things left when I was there. OH, I almost forgot, I did get a few things at Sam's the day after Christmas. My MIL had a business card for Sam's so we got in earlier than the general public and I was able to get enough Christmas paper, ribbon, and gift cards for next year. I love Sam's because the quality of their products is always good, so I know that it was worth it. And, this paper will last me 3 to 4 years! It was just one huge roll. I also got a few nice things at World Market like a Christmas tablecloth, napkins, and crackers. So, I actually did get a few things, just not as exciting as I thought it would be. I really wanted a Christmas serving set, a tree with built in lights, and presents for next year. But, when I went out it was all gone. Next year I know better! There are still a few deals available online, but again, nothing really exciting.

This week I am excited about the grocery deals. Albertson's is having a huge buy 1 get 1 free sale, so I am planning on stocking up on a few things. I really don't need anything for this week at all, but I want to stockpile since the deals are so great. I just hope that I can get out of the house sometime soon. I have been stuck in the house for days because the baby is so sick. So, hopefully my hubby will let me out soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment