Sunday, December 21, 2008

This Week in My World

This week was amazing because of all of the phenomenal steals and deals that are happening for the holidays. We are reaping the benefits of holiday deals and a bad economy. Here in Louisiana many of us are oblivious to the pain that many of our neighboring states are enduring this holiday season. Layoffs have been terrible nationwide and stores are trying their best to make up for the dip in spending. Stores are offering deals like they never have before and employees are hard to find. Even though we have yet to be hard hit by the economic downturn here in Louisiana, we are reaping the same benefits that everyone else is. The only bad aspect is the lack of help in the stores. The prices may be low, but you are on your own! Please keep all of these laid-off employees in your prayers this holiday season and help them as much as you can.

This week I was able to get quite a few steals that I was really happy about. At Kohl's I got a diamond necklace for $21.99 down from $90. I also got 2 shirts there for my grandpa for $5 a peice. They were marked down on the clearance rack, but when I got to the register they took an additional 20% off. Old Navy had some pretty great sales, almost everything was 60% off and clearance was an additional 50% off. I was able to get a whole new wardrobe for a needy child for $40. The next day I had to go back because the coats were on sale for 60% off. When I walked in the door I lucked out because they were handing out $10 off and $5 off coupons to the first 200 customers. So, I was able to get my daughter's coat for only$12, originally $42.50. (I got a $5 off coupon). My grocery bill wasn't bad either. I only bought about $35 of groceries this week. I was able to get those free because I returned a couple of coats that I realized I didn't need. And CVS had some deals this week!!! There must have been close to 30 items that were free with Extra Care Bucks, plus I used my CVS gift cards that I earned from my prescriptions, so I got 3 bags of stuff for FREE! I know that there is more that I probably did this week, but these are all of the deals that I can remember right now.

I hope these help you to find the rest of the presents on your list and MERRY CHRISTMAS! I will be thinking about all of you this week. I hope that you got everything you needed under budget and without going into debt. Please e-mail me if you have any last minute Christmas questions. I would be more than happy to help. Take care.

1 comment: