Monday, December 15, 2008

Simple Sunday

Yesterday I had the pleasure of having coffee with a magnificent group of older men. I went to CC's to do my regular work and ended up having a range of conversations with them. They were great! We talked about money, the economy, greening our houses and so much more. Each one of them shared with me how cheap their electricity bill was. One of them even said that if it weren't for surcharges his bill would only be $6! Talk about frugal! These men know what it's like to have to survive a depression. Well, our time is coming, so I want to learn as much as I can from them! I even had a chance to teach them a few of my tricks and they were amazed at what I was doing too. One of them said that he doesn't run the heat at night. Another said that he only eats when he goes to work because the business pays for it. It seems as though none of them run their electricity when they aren't home. We can learn a lot from their generation. My challenge for you today is to talk to your older relatives and friends about hard times and how they survived. If you hear a great idea please post it so that we can all learn!

After I met with them I went to CVS to take advantage of all of their free deals this week. I got a Nova blood monitoring system, saline nose spray, SleepMD, Pantene Shampoo (coupon in Sunday paper!), and 12 Christmas mugs. It was all free because of Extra Care Bucks and gift cards from prescriptions. Oh, and I took advantage of the deodorant deal as well. The Soft and Dry has a coupon on the bottle that you can peel off and use it in addition to the extra care bucks. Happy, happy, joy, joy!

Happy Saving!

No comments:

Post a Comment