Thursday, December 4, 2008

Errand Day

Today is the day to go shopping! Yesterday I made my menu plan, grocery list, got my coupons ready, and cleaned out my fridge! I hope you did too. I am on a mission today because I have a long grocery list and a just a little money, so wish me luck!

Yesterday I was able to do a little more holiday shopping. I went to Toys-R-Us because I had a $10 gift card from a few weeks ago when they had the coupon in the paper. So, I was able to get one item for my youngest son. It was $20, and I had the $10 gift card, so I only paid $10. Next, I went to Ross Dress for Less and I was able to get 2 complete jogging suits (really nice one's not the cheesy ones made out of parachute material) for $12.99 each, plus some Carter's pajamas for a friend of mine for $6.99. Then on to Wal-Mart where I bought the Elmo Live for my son who is completely in love with it. Normally I don't buy trendy toys like this because they play with them for one day and then they are done. However, Liam loves this thing, so I caved. But, I am still within my Christmas budget, so no worries. I have been finding items cheaper than I estimated by being creative, using coupons, and hitting sales, so I have more $$ to spend! Wal-Mart was the cheapest on the Elmo Live, plus they are the only one's who have it in stock right now. I will probably do the rest of my Christmas shopping online because things will be easier to find online this late in the season. I hope all of you are having good luck too.

Tomorrow is Friday, which is date night! I am going to be spending enough today on groceries, so we will just stay in tomorrow. I will probably cook a nice dinner, put the kids to bed, and rent movies from the red box! It's so cold I could even light a fire and candles for some extra ambiance! I'm sure there are some things in the paper that we could do, but I didn't ask my mom to babysit, so I hate to ask her so last minute. I'll check the Times to see if there is anything free, just in case! Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Friday is our "family date night". We usually head into town, go to Starbucks and then Barnes & Noble to read magazines & books, basically hang out.

    Well, the last few weeks, the Starbucks goodies have gone up in price! I'm talking a 10% increase overall. This is making my bill for 4 over 20.00. Yikes! I told my dh that we'll just make a pot of coffee at home before we leave, then put the coffee in our to-go mugs. Haha Starbucks. :) I bought some fancy Columbian Supreme at Fresh Mkt for 9.99/lb. That will make many pots of delicious coffee for 1/2 the cost of one SB trip.

    Seriously though, I love SB coffee, but I cannot afford 20.00 a week just for the 4 of us to have a drink

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - I didn't realize that Starbucks was going up so much! I do like CC's, but I always get the cheapest coffee on the menu. It's usually about $1.90. Then I use the rechargeable card because it accumulates points for free coffee. After a couple of weeks I have any drink I want for free. But, mostly I fill up my to-go mug like you! Anytime we go out I pack drinks and snacks so the kids can't talk us into stopping anywhere! We used to hang out at the bookstore a lot, now we mostly rent movies and stay home. We end up spending less in the long run, but i might have to do it again soon. My kids love the bookstore!

    ReplyDelete