Friday, December 12, 2008

Back on Track

After a week of a higher than normal grocery bill I am finally back on track. As you all know, I hadn't been to the grocery store in 3 weeks so I was rightfully up to a $95 grocery bill because we were behind on everything! But, my cupboards are no longer bare! This week I spent a total of $56.76 all at Wal-Mart. I was able to get all of my groceries for the entire week plus stockpile pork steaks, ribs, and oranges (I can always juice the oranges if I need to). I have enough for at least 4 extra meals. I didn't use any coupons but I did do a lot of price matching. I price matched the oranges from Albertson's (buy one get one free), pork steak from Adrien's (.98 per lb.), and ribs from Piggly Wiggly (.88 per lb). Everything else was mostly the store brand. The dinners from my menu plan are spaghetti, pork steaks with rice and gravy, red beans and rice, smothered chicken, home made chicken noodle soup, ribs, and chili. I also had to get some things to make lots of cookies for a few Christmas parties! I hope this helps! Happy Holidays!

1 comment: