Saturday, May 30, 2009

My $220 Summer: Part 3

Did I ever mention how incredibly hard it is to blog with 3 kids home for the summer? Well, I wrote this on the first week of summer and I'm finally posting it:


Hello World,

My mission continues.



I have to do a little catching up since I haven't written in 2 days. Thursday was the last time that we spent anything, so I will shoot you back in time to tell you all about it. Thursday the kids decided to go to the Incredible Pizza Company. We thought the King should be a part of that venture so we waited until he got off of work to go. Having been there in the past I was truly concerned about the cost. I thought for sure we were going to blow our budget, but I am always looking for ways to stretch the money, so I was still hopeful. First off, I had a coupon from my Entertainment book - 2 free kids buffets with the purchase of 2 adult buffets - so all of the kids got in free because they didn't charge for the baby. $22.42. Then, we found out that on Thursday's they double any of the game cards you purchase, so we got one for $20 that doubled to $40. Then they told us that everytime you spend $20 you get an extra $5 for free. So, for $20 we got $45 worth of games. So our total was $42.42.



We all ate our fill at the buffet, then off we went to play the games. The kids had a blast. They pretty much do the same things everywhere we go. Our eldest prince goes for the big games, our little proncess goes for all of the kiddie games, and the baby just runs all over the place looking at everything and bothering as many people as he possibly can. So, I pretty much chased him the whole time.



About a half an hour in, I realized that my big prince was running low on funds. Yet, he still ran around playing all of the games he could as fast as he could. Finally he ran out of credits. Then he latched onto his sister (only because he wanted something, right?) and they played games together until all of the credits were finally gone. Then comes the whining. My eldest comes up to me and sits next to me on the bench and says, "I'm bored." UGH!!!!! So, I told him that it was time for a lesson. I simply explained to him that he needs to check out the prices of the games before he plays them, because some of the are quite a bit more expensive than others. I went on to tell him that if he played the cheaper games it would last much longer. Up until that point I had considered giving them more money, but I felt that he needed to learn a lesson about finances at that point. So, we picked everything up and started to go towards the front to get icecream before we walked out the door.



Then he reminded me.....I forgot to give him his allowance last Friday....DARN IT! I reluctantly handed over the $5 and reminded him that he was supposed to be saving up for a video game. No luck. Off he runs, BUT he remembered about the double credits on Thursdays. So he goes to the register, buys the $5 game card and sees that the don't give him the extra $5. The King went with him to fix the issue and he got his $10 credit. Well, he must have paid a little more attention to the prices because he was in there for quite a while. He came out with a TON of tickets and we finally went home.



So, we still have $130 left for summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment