Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My $220 Summer: Part 2

I'm not quite sure if I really explained my mission yesterday, but the $220 budget I am speaking of is to entertain my kids for the summer. Obviously, I am not even going to try to spend only $220 on groceries or anything else. It would be nearly impossible. Not that I couldn't do it, I am just not up to a challenge like that with 3 kids home for the summer, understandably.

Today was a great day on my mission to spend $220 this summer. I haven't spent a thing today, which is great! I still have $179 left in cash. Based on our activity so far, I am thinking that I really might be able to pull this off with a combination of coupons, deals, and sneaky tricks that not many people know about. But, I aim to tell all.

Today, we went to the pool at the gym. The kids had an absolute blast. There were so many people there that they had no chance to be bored. I packed a bag with clothes, towels, floaties, etc...and included snacks, sippy cups, and sports bottles filled with water. No money spent! YAY! $0. Although, I almost lost 5 bucks because I lost my earring in the pool. I told all of the kids that whoever found the earring would get the money. Fortunately, no one found it. Unfortunately, I am out of an earring.

Write again soon. TBQ

No comments:

Post a Comment