Sunday, February 8, 2009

One Busy Week!

The Kids at Home Depot

Whew! What a week! I am so exhausted, but feel so great at the same time! I have accomplished so much. I tried to take account of everything that happened this week so that I would have a lot to tell you about, so here goes:

Monday was my first day back to the endocrinologist. I know last week I explained the issue about the tumor, so this was the first time that I have been tested in a long time. I was super nervous. I cleaned my house all day and then went in the afternoon. (My house is super clean by the way, thanks to http://www.flylady.com/). Anyway, I had an assessment and blood work....$325. Yeah, that had to come out of savings. But, the good news is that all of my blood work came back completely normal and all of my vitals were perfect.

Tuesday was the coupon swap. I tried to spend as much time with the baby on Tuesday as I could. Tuesday is kind of the day that I like to really focus on him one on one. We play, read books, watch cartoons, and of course, I cleaned house as well. And that night was the coupon swap. The coupon swap is getting so big that I'm waiting for a manager to say something to me. But, I figure we are bringing them some business so they can deal with us for a while. If things get too big we may have to move altogether. I'm thinking that maybe the new library near there would be the perfect place! I did pass by there last night and they still aren't open, so I will wait patiently. After the coupon swap a few of us went on a field trip to the Dollar Tree across the street to check out their refrigerator/freezer section. I did get some tilapia there and we ate it tonight. It was perfectly fine. The pieced weren't all the same size, which is probably why they were so cheap, but it was perfect for us. We took the big ones and the kids took the little ones.

Wednesday the baby had to go back to the ENT to check his ears from his tube surgery. Everything was free and clear and I didn't even get charged for the visit. Thank God! My husband had to see a doctor that day for an infection and I had to have my MRI to check the size of the tumor. I'm sure the bill for the MRI will put me in a coma, but my husband's bill was $125. The cool thing about the MRI was that when I was leaving they gave me a $10 CC's gift card for my inconvenience. What inconvenience? I still haven't figured that part out. I mean, I did wait for a little while in the waiting room, but they had fresh baked cookies and every kind of drink or candy that you could imagine. Not to mention that they had a rack of magazines the size of my entertainment center and a public computer with internet! I wasn't inconvenienced at all....but, I got a gift card!! Yippee! Then I had to fill 2 scripts at CVS so I used my coupons and got 2 $25 gift cards! Rockin! After the injection from the MRI I was feeling kind of crappy, so instead of cooking, we went to Sicily's for dinner. I had a coupon for a FREE buffet, so all 5 of us ate for $10.30!!! I love that place. The kids love it more, so it works for me.

Thursday Lisa and I went to Rouse's and Albertson's for some grocery shopping. Thank God Lisa came because the baby was a handful. I also hadn't had any sleep the night before (the baby was sick and kept waking up) so I was a mess. I warned Lisa that I would be crazy, but she came anyway! I hope I didn't run her off for good. I was able to get $54 in groceries from Rouse's, including an 11lb brisket, and I think she spent $46. Then we went to Albie's to stockpile waffles, salad, and steam fresh steamer's from the sale. I spent around $12 there. While we were in Albies I got the call about the MRI. I am so happy to say that the tumor is completely stable and hasn't grown. I am so greatful! No treatment! No drugs!! WOOO HOOO! Maybe I won't have to worry about it ever again.

Friday was a little more relaxed. I had a meeting and brought Elise to dancing. She was cranky, so my mommy friend and I went to CC's for some FREE coffee. If you haven't gotten your coupon yet, check for the booklet on the counter at CC's. The coupons expire 2/28/09.

Saturday we went to the Home Depot for the FREE kids workshop. They LOVED it. They kept saying, "this is the best day ever!" Then we went to the mall to get Elise's ears pierced. After that we went flea market hunting for a desk for Elise. She actually sold her Little Tykes kitchen set to get one, so I was trying to find her the best deal possible. Unfortunately everything was overpriced. I saw a brand new one at Walmart for much cheaper, so the search continues.

This morning, I went to CC's, as usual, to get my coupons and FREE coffee. I went to CVS and got FREE toothpaste for the kids. We ran a few errands and enjoyed the lovely weather outside. It was a beautiful day. It feels like spring is finally here. Well, I hope you enjoyed reading about my week. I hope you have a great one.

HAPPY SAVING!

No comments:

Post a Comment