Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Frugal Valentine's Day!!

Yesterday, I had the most frugal Valentine's Day I have ever had in my life and it was awesome! I am so excited to tell you how I did it. Well, my husband and I always take turns planning out special holidays, like Valentine's day, and this year was my year. I knew that I wanted it to be especially frugal because with our current economy, you never know what tomorrow might bring. So, I set out in advance to figure out how to have a basically FREE Valentine's Day.

At first I was going to make dinner at home and we were going to go out after, but I received an amazing gift! I met a girl named Chasity Hooks who owns Hooks and Associates. They put out a monthly newsletter which includes a trivia question. If you are one of the first 10 people to call in with the correct answer, you get entered into a drawing for a FREE $50 gift card to wherever they have listed for that month. I entered and I won a $50 gift certificate to Tsumani! So, guess where we went last night! Well, a few of my friends warned me that I wouldn't be able to eat there for under $50, so I set out to prove them wrong and I DID! First of all if you just order water to drink, you just saved $5. Second, if you just look at the prices of things on the menu, you can stay within your budget. Edemame was only $4 and there were several rolls that were $4 and $5, plus I had 1 glass of wine. So, to everyone who said I couldn't pull it off: I DID IT! I DID IT! LOL!

Next we went to the Art Walk, which is completely FREE and the galleries serve snacks and wine. There weren't that many galleries open because of the parade, but we enjoyed the ones that were open. We are huge fans of art! Then, we saw the parade. I have never been to a parade at night, so we walked to it and watched the whole thing. I was really dressed up because of our dinner, so I got tons of beads! I kind of stood out like a sore thumb, but I didn't care! I got some huge beads!

After the parade my feet were killing me, obviously. I had been walking around in high heals all night! So, we got in the car and drove to CC's and each got a free coffee with the CC's coupons that are in the "Guilt Free" guide. Then we went off on our next adventure which was to visit the places that we lived when we met. We drove around reminiscing and talking about old times. It was great, especially for me because I didn't want to walk anymore. We even visited our dream neighborhood. One day we will live there!

At the end of our adventure I was pretty tired and ready to go home, so we did. We cuddled up on the couch and watched movies and talked until we both fell asleep. I had rose pedals (from the Dollar Tree) sprinkled all over our floor. It was very romantic.

I hope to hear about all of your frugal and romantic Valentine stories! Have a great week and HAPPY SAVING!

No comments:

Post a Comment