Sunday, February 22, 2009

From Budgeting Money to Budgeting Calories

I had a fabulous breakthrough in my diet this week, so I thought that you might all be due for an update on how this part of my life is going. After trying Atkins, Weight Watcher's, Skinny Bitch (yes this is a real diet) and a few other self defeating tactics I have finally found something that works for me. And Yes, I can stick to this one! It all happened after being prescribed a diet pill by my doctor, who's name I won't mention because his intention was to actually help me, per my request. Anyway, I took this thing for 1 day and thought that I was going to DIE!! Yes, I did. It was absolutely horrible. I was freezing cold all day, shaking, confused, and I had a massive headache. So, I never took it again. I was really depressed about it at first because I thought that this was going to be the answer to my prayers, even though I felt like it wasn't the right thing to do, but then I had a breakthrough. I was writing back and forth with another girl on sparkpeople.com and told her about my experience, when it dawned on me that if I could budget money so well, then I should be able to budget my calories just the same. So, I got online and decided on a calorie budget for myself of 1300 calories per day. I got myself a cute little notebook for $1 at Walmart and started tracking my calories. I quickly learned what foods had the least amount of calories, which helped me decide what would fill me up more for my allotted calorie budget. I also realized that I can eat whatever I want as long as I stay under budget! This weekend I even budgeted for 2 glasses of wine per night. Sound familiar? It's the exact same concept I use with my Budget Queen System. Who would have ever thought that it could work for your diet too? Well guess what? I've already lost 3.5 pounds and I'm still going strong. This is something that I can totally relate to, so I know that I am finally on my way to getting back to a healthy weight. I am so happy because after so many months of struggling I finally found an answer. Those terrible diet pills were a blessing in disguise and worth every penny I wasted! LOL! I hope that my breakthrough helps someone out there. I know that it's helped me! Have a great week and HAPPY MARDI GRAS!!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete