Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A Little Bit of Everything

Hello Frugal Friends,I hope that all of you are having a wonderful week. Last week was a pretty eventful one with quite a few meetings about TheBudgetQueen.com and all of our plans for growth. I am so excited that we are finally on our way to a new site. I met with the design team and was able to see a preliminary design for the home page. You are all going to love it! We are planning a launch party in March to introduce the new site. I'll let you all know the details as soon as I have some for you.

Today was my first day back at the endocrinologist since the baby was very little. I am starting my testing all over again. Incase any of you are out of the loop, I will explain the story. A few years ago I was diagnosed with a tumor called a pituitary adenoma. (Look it up, it's easier than explaining it.) It's on my pituitary gland right below my optic nerve. Trust me, it's not as bad as it seems! I was treated when I was diagnosed, but when I got a second opinion I was told that it wasn't necessary to go through all of the meds. So, the doctor has been keeping an eye on me ever since. I was told back then that it would be difficult to have children, and it was. We had been trying for 3 years with no luck. A little medication was all I needed and I was pregnant within 4 months with Liam. I was told then that the tumor could possibly become larger as a result of the pregnancy, so this is what I went to find out today. I had some blood work done and I will have an MRI. I have been praying that it will be completely gone when they do the scan. Wouldn't that be awesome?! This whole thing is going to cost me some big bucks, so I will be taking mucho money out of my savings account for this one. I have been putting off the testing for financial reasons, but now I am ready to roll. So, wish me luck!

Grocery shopping was great this week. With the grand opening of Rouse's and all of their great deals, I was able to stock up on a few of the things I use pretty often, like lunch meat, and freeze it for later. I did the rest of my shopping at Wal-Mart using price matching. I have really been loving the Piggly Wiggly sales. I have been price matching ground meat for $1.49lb for a few weeks now. The same goes for chicken breasts.

This week Walgreen's stole my drug store budget with their items that were free with mail in rebate. I pretty much spent it all there, so I didn't even bother going to CVS this week. I got Garnier Fructis Conditioner, Revlon foundation and lipgloss, and a few things for my mom. My mom, by the way, is a nurse who is usually stuck at the hospital all weekend, so she calls me if she needs anything. This week she needed some gel insoles for her shoes and dish washing liquid for the nurses’ lounge. She calls, I deliver. I don't mind, she does so much for me.

Last but not least, the entertainment budget was spent on Pete's. My husband had a craving for po-boys and homemade chips. Our bill was $27, which was more than normal, but he had to have those chips. They were awesome!

Have a great week! See you all at the coupon swap!!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete