Thursday, November 6, 2008

Last night I finally went grocery shopping. Last week I spent $44 on all of my groceries and stockpiling. This week I spent $85! I know, I know, it is a lot for me, but I stockpiled about 30lbs of meat too. I had to buy a lot to get the deal that I was working on. My husband and I also decided to go on a low-carb diet, so this week was the switchover to low-carb stockpiling. Next week my bill will be lower, I promise. This week Super 1 had a 5 for $19.99 meat sale, so I got ribs, chicken tenders, ground beef, chicken drumsticks and chicken thighs. That was over 25lbs of meat. Then they had some FreezerQueen family size frozen dinners that were$.97, so I got the ones that were just meat. (about 5). Ragu was also on sale there for $.88 so I bought 5 for the kids. My last stockpile item was eggs, I got 5 dozen because they are cheaper in bulk. So, all of that, plus my weekly groceries was $85. However, I won't have to buy any meat for another month!

Here is my meal plan for the week based on what I already had in the fridge freezer and pantry:
Sunday - Shrimp Cabobs
Monday - Chili and salad
Wednesday - low-carb fried chicken and broccoli
Thursday - round steak stir fry and brown rice
Friday - Meat Loaf and green beans
Saturday - Baked fish and mixed vegies (I honestly don't know what kind of fish it is, my husband caught it on a fishing trip.)

I also popped into Target because I had a Target coupon for $1 off of 2 Gerber babyfoods. I hit the 75% off Halloween isle and found a few good deals. They had Halloween dish scrubber spounges for $.24. I picked up a few for my kitchen, who cares of they are Halloween! I love them! And I found these cool picture frames that were supposed to be Halloween, but they matched my living room. They were actually red and black snake skin print. My living house has a very contemporary, modern look, and my couches are red, so they matched perfectly! They were $1 a peice. I love my life!

Last week I bought all of my Halloween candy on clearance and froze it for next year.

Let's see what deals I can find today. I saw a flower shop going out of business. I'm thinking of racking up for Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. I was so happy to see you on tv last night. My dh and I are also on a low carb diet, and we have been since January. I used to do the coupon/price match thing, but with the low carb diet, most of the coupons I get are for processed food and snacks...things we don't eat anymore. :)

    I look forward to reading your blog and seeing how you get good deals. Do you think maybe you could list how you are going to price match or use coupons for your groceries per week (if it's not too much to ask?? :) )

    ReplyDelete