Thursday, December 5, 2013

12 Days of Frugal Gifts

Follow Me on Pinterest

Follow www.TheBudgetQueen.com on Facebook



What to do when your Christmas budget is oh so small? You can put together some gifts with a little inspiration. I will share ideas through this series- "12 Days of Frugal Gifts". The first gift idea will be shared tomorrow, but until then, I have a little idea for your holiday gathering if you and your gift recipients are in a truly frugal mindset. 

I call it "Frugal Santa" and it is a game I play every year with my friends who join me for my Budget Queen December coupon swap. You don't need to spend any money. Each of you will bring a wrapped gift-something you already have at home, that is re-giftable. It might be framed art of some sort, a nice vase or a book that is nearly new. The idea is to find something that is re-giftable that you are willing to part with. It might be something that no longer fits your decor, but would be a nice addition to someone else's home. You get the idea.

Each person will bring their wrapped gift and then you will proceed to play the steal-a-gift game in the traditional style. Everyone will go home with something new to them. Voila! Frugal Santa. 

The 12 Days of Frugal Gifts starts tomorrow with Sewn Gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment