Tuesday, July 21, 2009

This move is going to be a true test of my budgeting skills. Fortunately, now that we are homeless, I don't have to pay a mortgage, utilities, cable or home phone. I do have other concerns, like how long we will have to stay in a hotel. The hotel that we are in is almost like an all inclusive. Everything is free like breakfast, laundry, entertainment, movies, etc. It's just like home, and I don't even have to clean! I am completely spoiled and I don't know how to enjoy it. I am trying to take advantage of as much of the amenities as possible so that I don't have to spend on anything. Our room has a kitchen too, so we don't have to eat out. The one thing that is driving me nuts is that I can't really stockpile while I'm here. BUT, I can use all of their shampoo and supplies and keep my stockpile full. (That just came to me while I was sitting here writing, yay!). 

Anyway, it has been a roller coaster ride. The house that we were going to buy totally fell through and we are back at square one. Obviously, we can't stay in a hotel forever, so I am hoping that my parent's will take us in on Monday. (That is if my dad's blood pressure can handle us). It would really ease my mind if I knew that we could stay somewhere for free. At least I could buy all of the groceries because I am amazing at getting the most possible food for the least possible price. On top of it all, with the economy the way that it is...we fear that my husband could loose his job. So, we have a tough decision to make. Do we keep the cash and rent to keep us safe in case of a job loss? Or do we buy and risk foreclosing if the economy gets even uglier? Or maybe we could just move to the country, buy a cow, and start growing our own food. Decisions, decisions...

I'll write again soon.

TBQ

No comments:

Post a Comment