Saturday, March 7, 2009

Life Without Coffee

I know I've said it before, but it's been a crazy week! I have been busting my hiney on all of the details for the new site. It is awesome to say the least! The new site will officially launch on March 31st. You are all invited to TheBudgetQueen.com launch party. I will be sending out invitations soon, so keep checking your in-boxes and mail boxes.

Due to the size of this beast, I have been steady working all week long. I have only been out to shop for groceries, in addition to a quick stop for some clothes. I was very pleased with my grocery experience this week. I shopped at Super 1 Foods because of all of the fantastic sales and spent $48 for the week, including stockpiling 3 value size packs of pork chops and 2 family size packs of chicken breast. I only used about 4 coupons, one Super 1 coupon for $.50 off waffles, one Super 1 coupon for $2.50 off any 3 Food Club items, and 2 $1 off Mentos gum coupons.

As for the clothes, I recently set aside some money for some new clothes for myself, so I went to Ross Dress for Less to check out all of the great deals. I found a dress and a pair of jeans both for around $15 and that was it for me! Instead, I found a plethora of new spring outfits for the kids all starting at $6.99 an outfit. That's for a FULL outfit, shirt, shorts, and all! So, I spend my clothing fund on my kids. Oh well, they needed it, better luck next time for me.

Today, my husband took the kids out so that I could work. I sent him out with coupons and a list of free things happening in town. First, they went to Home Depot to the kid's workshop and built a race track for FREE. Then, they went to the Zoo and enjoyed our annual membership that I bought by using the 50/50 Friday gift certificates. I paid $25 for a $50 membership, so we get to go all year for FREE! Then they came home to eat lunch and take a nap and then off to the book store. My kids love the book store because of the kid section. The baby plays with trains and the older two read books. They had a great time.

Ok, so I guess you are wondering about the coffee. Well, as some of you may know, I am Catholic and it is lent. So guess what I gave up for lent! Yes, coffee. I have gotten the wildest responses from "What were you thinking?" to "At a time like this?" To tell you the truth, despite the amount of time that has past, I still crave coffee. It was the ultimate sacrifice for me because I am working a lot of long hours on the new site and am truly exhausted some days. So, although I am surviving without it, it has been really hard. If you have any tips on how to get energy without coffee, please let me know!

I hope you all have a great week and I see you at my class on Wednesday, March 11, 6;30pm at the Carencro library! HAPPY SAVING!!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete