Thursday, January 3, 2013

Frugal Snack = Kale Chips!

Kale is affordable and nutritious, and I love when it goes on sale because that means I get to make one of my favorite frugal snacks: kale chips. 

My local Rouses grocery store had kale on special recently for 50 cents a bunch, so I bought two bunches. I made the kale chips today, and I'd like to share the recipe with you.


Kale Chips


1 bunch of kale
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt (soy sauce or Bragg Liquid Aminos can be substituted)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut kale leaves away from thick stems and tear into bite sized pieces. Wash the kale and dry it thoroughly, (if you have salad spinner, it makes this task easier.) Place kale in bowl and drizzle with olive oil and salt (or salt substitute), and toss until coated.


Place kale in a single layer in a 9 X 13 pan or baking sheet. Bake until crispy-about 10 to 15 minutes.


$0.55 off Any So Delicious Dairy Free Product

No comments:

Post a Comment