Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Easy Christmas Snow Wreath Project

In the past year, I've started this new tradition of making wreaths for every season. I have a couple of wreath forms that I recycle and I just switch out the items on the wreath as the seasons change. I always try to find stuff around the house to use instead of going out and buying items specifically to make the wreath.

I decided I wanted a "snow" wreath this year since we never see snow in this region and I really love how it turned out. 

Here's how I made it...

I spread fiber fill over a grapevine wreath and it held pretty well onto the twigs, so I decided not to glue it down. Then I used some glittered ribbon and wound it around the fiber fill covered wreath. I used some floral wire to secure the ribbon in the back, and then I threaded some colorful jingle bell ornaments in the spaces between the glittered ribbon using floral wire, but I think ornament hooks would work just as well. I made a very simple bow out of some of the blue ribbon that I used to wrap around my Christmas tree last year and secured the ribbon with a flower pick from an arrangement I had on my shelf.

The dove is also a Christmas ornament that I thought would look perfect shimmering in the middle.


The wreath took about 30 minutes to put together and I used fiber fill, ribbon and ornaments that I already had on hand. 


 

This wreath idea would work with other ornaments as well, so take a look around and see what you can come with to make your own snow wreath. 













It's hard to believe this idea all started when I was inspired to use up some left over fiber fill as snow, and it ended up as a beautiful wreath. 

So simple, but it's one of my favorite Christmas projects I've ever done.

No comments:

Post a Comment