Saturday, December 31, 2011

Frugality and Peace of Mind

Frugality and Peace of Mind

So here we are, about to embark on a new year. As the old year ends and a new one begins, we tend to reflect upon what we've accomplished and what we failed to accomplish. But what we really need to do is feel confident about the progress we've made toward our goals, even if it's slight.

It's a time for planning and setting new goals. I've had a little reflection time, too. I began to think about how this year has been the busiest year yet for me and I wondered how I kept up with all I had to do. I did not accomplish everything that I wanted to, but I did accomplish a lot. There were a few short falls and challenges-but such is life. As it turns out, I had a great year and made great strides-in my personal life as well as in my professional life. It made me think about what I needed to keep in mind this year to continue to meet my goals and made me examine the reasons why I enjoy a frugal lifestyle so much. The ultimate reason that came to light was that living a frugal lifestyle gives me peace of mind. To me, that is more valuable than anything.

It then occurred to me that there are a few key concepts that lead to peace of mind, and when practiced-peace of mind will naturally come to you.

Each of the key concepts flows into the next and they all work so cohesively together. Frugality and peace of mind go hand-in-hand, but it is recommended that if you are just getting started in your life of frugality-baby steps are best. If you take it slow, and discover what methods work best for your lifestyle, then you will stick with it. Don't let frugality be a fad in your life, let it be with you to stay.

Key Concepts to Frugality with Peace of Mind

  • Organization
  • Efficiency
  • Conservatism
  • Simplicity
  • Creativity

The second article in the series focuses upon organization. I will continue to expand upon each of these concepts in future articles, and I hope that some of these ideas lead to peace of mind for you in the coming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment