Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Cat's Out of The Bag


This week was the beginning of TheBudgetQueen.com coupon swap. Our first swap was Tuesday, January 6th, 6:30pm at Barnes and Nobles on Johnston St. in Lafayette. There was a fantastic turnout and we had a great time swapping all sorts of money saving tips and tricks in addition to our coupons. I really enjoyed meeting everyone! I got home very late that night!!! At the coupon swap I let the cat out of the bag. Yes, it is true! TheBudgetQueen.com is going to be completely redone by a very dynamic web design company called Bizzuka. (You can check out their portfolio at bizzuka.com) I am so excited and can't wait to see the completed website, which will be launched at the beginning of March '09. The site is going to be totally interactive, I will even be able to teach classes online! Woo Hoo! I am also in the process of taking the site national! So, continue looking forward to some fantastic changes that are in the works for TheBudgetQueen.com.
On another note, my youngest son, who is 15 months old will be having surgery on Tuesday morning. Don't worry, it is a simple out patient procedure. He will have tubes put in his ears. The last couple of months has been a roller coaster of illness that have never completely cleared up, including an ear infection that has been there since before Thanksgiving. He is even sick now, running fever of 104.9. We are hoping that we can get it down low enough to operate on Tuesday. He really needs this surgery to stop the cycle. So, please keep us in your prayers, we can use all we can get this week.
I am still in my shopping funk. I think that it may partially have to do with the fact that my pantry is fully stocked and I really don't need anything. I just haven't been that excited about running out after my deals the last 2 weeks. I did go out to Walgreen's today to get the Bounty paper towel deal, because I needed those. I also went to Super One to get my Electrasol, but they were completely out...bummer. I did cheer up a little when I got to Walgreen's because there was tons of make up on clearance. I got lip glosses, pressed powders, and base for $.75 each. Then, when I walked in to Super One there was a huge crate of Teddy Bear cookies, (like Teddy Grahams) 1lb bag for $.50, so I bought 4 bags. My family will love these. Little hidden deals like this, that are not advertised and I didn't hear about somewhere else, really make me smile. Hee hee.
Someone recently asked me how my diet was going, so I thought I would catch everyone up. I was doing the protein diet which was working fabulously but........let's just say it caused enough stomach problems to make me reconsider. So, I decided to switch to Weight Watchers. Obviously, I cannot afford to pay for a membership, so I went to Walmart and bought a Weight Watchers magazine and used the menu plans inside. I guess if I really would have thought about it I could have gone to the library and just copied the menus. I think I will next time. Anyway, they are really good and they work! Thus far, between the 2 diets, I have lost about 11lbs. I'm hoping that sharing my progress will help motivate me, because I need it! I have become very comfortable with my weight, but I worry about my health as I age, so I would like to get it under control as soon as possible.
Well I hope you all have a great week and I can't wait to see you all at the next coupon swap!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete