Thursday, September 26, 2013

How to make a purse from a knit shirt



Kaitlyn is 12 years old and a fantastic frugal crafter! She created a purse out of a long-sleeved knit shirt and here's her explanation: 

Guest poster: Kaitlyn D. 


I had a long-sleeved shirt that didn't fit any more. And I didn't want to throw it out so I went on Google and found pictures of the different purses made from different shirts. You can also use short sleeved shirts. And this is how I made this one, first I cut away right under the sleeves, cut straight across. Then you cut off the sleeves. After that you sew the bottom of the shirt you cut off. Then you take the sleeves and tie them to each side of the shirt. Then lastly you sew the sleeves together like I did, or tie them together. And you can add lining or pockets if you wish. And you can add ties and charms and things like that if you wish too. And that is how you make a purse from a long sleeved shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment