Monday, June 11, 2012

The Gardens of the American Rose Center-Shreveport, Louisiana

One of my most memorable vacation experiences was visiting the Gardens of the American Rose Center a few summers ago. The roses were in full bloom and I so loved walking the paths, stopping to smell their fragrances and admiring the unique beauty of all the varieties of roses. I will be visiting again this year and I cannot wait. It is a wonderful place to take the family and enjoy a peaceful and beautiful walk through the gardens.

I wanted to tell you about the gardens because I have lived in Louisiana most of my life yet I never knew about this rose garden until I passed the sign as I was traveling on my way to north Louisiana. It is truly something special to see and an opportunity that would be a shame to miss.



Gardens of the American Rose Center
8877 Jefferson Paige Road
Shreveport,LA 71119
318-938-5534

The Gardens of the American Rose Center are located in Shreveport, Louisiana on a beautiful 118 acre tract which is also the national headquarters of the American Rose Society.

The Gardens are open 9-5 Monday through Saturday, and 1-5 on Sunday.

Admission for the 2012 season is by donation only and the donor box is located near the Administration Building entrance.

Since this season's admission is by donation only, you can donate what you can afford for admission. It is a budget-friendly and wonderful vacation experience that you can share with your whole family.

No comments:

Post a Comment