Who am I kidding? Sometimes I will buy three whole chickens when the price is right and I will freeze them for later. That's like a gold mine for me because you'd be surprised how many meals I can make from just one of those chickens.
How to Get Five Meals from one Baked Chicken
- Cut the chicken breasts into strips and use in a salad (spinach, romaine or arugula greens would work well-add a sliced boiled egg or two)
- Chop some chicken and make a chicken salad (add celery, sliced almonds, red grapes)
- Cube some chicken and make a quick pasta dish (make an easy sauce-garlic, butter or olive oil and little parmesan or make a tomato based sauce)
- Shred some chicken and make quesadillas or chicken tacos (use pepper jack cheese, queso fresco, mozzarella and add cilantro or green onions)
- Use the rest of the chicken and make chicken and dumplings or chicken noodle soup (add carrots and celery to the chicken noodle soup)
Tip: You can add nutritious bulk to any dish by simply being generous with the addition of a variety of vegetables.
I hope these ideas inspire you to get creative and see just how many dishes you can make from one baked chicken.