Wednesday, March 23, 2011

How about a deal on Starbucks Coffee at CVS?

Sometimes, I like to make my own deals at CVS using my Extra Bucks.  It may be because I find I am out of something or maybe I just really want a certain product and I haven't able to find a good deal.  Well, this time, I was out of coffee.  And we all know what that means.  Desperate times call for desperate measures, so I did what I had to do: I made my own deal.  And I thought you might like to know how I did it.

When I am doing my Extra Bucks deals, I try to "recycle" my Bucks, meaning that I will start out buying the items that get me back the most Extra Bucks, such as the "free after Extra Bucks" deals,  then use those on the deals I have coupons for and then use those Bucks on the deals that have the least "return".  However, I still like it to be advantageous somehow, and that's what happened when I did the Starbucks coffee deal.  I chose to buy the Starbucks brand of coffee particularly, because other than the fact that it is very good, there was an offer for a free tall coffee with purchase!

So, in the end, it was the best choice for a deal on coffee. Though I did have to spend a little money out of pocket and didn't receive any Extra Bucks back, I will still get a free coffee at Starbucks.  

Which brings me to my next point: 

Here is an idea for left over Extra Bucks once you’ve done your deals for the week. You could use them to get Starbucks coffee at CVS.

All you need are a few Extra Bucks, a little luck and a little skill.

First, the luck part: Scan your card at the CVS coupon center (the red machine) and see if you get a $1 off Starbucks coffee coupon.  This coupon has been printing for many people lately, and hopefully it will print for you!

If you get one, then go get a bag of Starbucks coffee, priced at $6.99 this week.   









Make sure you look for bags that have the advertisement for a FREE tall coffee in the top right corner of the bag, like this one.
  









Then, go to the counter and pay for your Starbucks coffee:
$6.99-$1 Starbucks CVS coupon=$5.99 + tax.

Pay with as many Extra Bucks as you have.  (I had $3 Extra Bucks to use, so I paid $2.99 + tax out of pocket.)   














Lastly, bring the empty bag in to your local Starbucks and get a FREE tall coffee!





No comments:

Post a Comment