Sunday, September 6, 2009

Getting Busier

Life is getting a little busier now that I've begun to move into my new position as a real estate agent. I have been in the office training as much as I possibly can, although with children, it's proving tougher than I ever thought. I can't wait to see a paycheck so that I can feel as if it is all worth my while. Still my family comes first and I plan to be at least a part time stay at home mom in order to feel complete. I hope that I don't have to resort to sending the baby to day care because I think I would hate that. Yet, I know that we all need to do what we have to do to survive this recession.

This week I was able to enjoy a fantastic sale at JC Penny. The 75% off racks were all $3.97 and under, so I was able to get clothes for the entire family for around $75 plus tax and saved $439! That was fantastic! Although after I spent the money on the sale, I don't really have any money for my drug store deals this week. It's driving me crazy! I am sitting here looking at all of the awesome deals that I am just going to have to pass up! But, the JC Penny sale was worth it. I will just have to wait for next week's deals. 

I also went over my grocery budget again this week!! Can you believe it? The Budget Queen is slacking. Actually, I have been buying groceries for 6 people instead of 5, so it has made a little difference in the amount I am spending. Next week I am going to let my mom buy the groceries so that I can catch up on my budget. 

It's looking like we will be in our new house in the next few weeks and everything will go back to normal, including my budget. This temporary arrangement at my parent's house is costing me a lot more than I ever expected. I don't have my stockpile or any of our stuff, so we are having to replace things that we need. Once I get into the new house, I don't think I want to buy anything for a month. I will probably make it my personal challenge!

Hope you all have a great week! Happy Labor Day! I would love to hear your stories too!!


No comments:

Post a Comment